The house is reached by a long avenue which provides splendid views over Lake Inchiquin.
When built around 1800, the house was purposely located in a slight hollow to protect it from the prevailing westerly wind while, at the same time, providing an attractive view of Clifden Hill.
The house is on a working farm, and cattle occasionally graze in the fields adjoining the avenue.
There is also a small storage building in the garden that was recently converted into a children’s playhouse.
In the woodland behind the house, the Burren’s karst limestone reveals itself, formed by millennia of erosion.